The delivery of careers, employability and enterprise education is based on the Career Development Institute’s framework of learning outcomes grouped under 3 main headings:
- Developing yourself through careers , employability and enterprise education
- Learning about careers and the world of work
- Developing your career management, employability and enterprise skills
In January 2018 the Government produced guidance for governing bodies, school leaders and school staff. Here at the academy we ensure that all our students get a programme of advice and guidance that is stable, structured and delivered by staff from Partnership and Lifelong Learning with a guidance qualification. We have already used the Gatsby Charitable Foundation’s Benchmarks to develop and improve our careers provision.
All students receive their careers, employability education through:
- Specialist career booklets used in tutorial time
- Specialist assemblies
- Modules incorporated and delivered through PSHE
- One or more careers off timetable days for every year group
- A wide range of activities undertaken with employers both in school and on employers premises
- Contact and visits to colleges, universities and training providers
- One to One guidance interviews in year 10
- Taking a Health and Safety level 2 qualification in year 10
- An Interview Skills programme in year 11
Student Entitlement for Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance.
Learners in Years 7 – 9
During PSHE lessons, off- timetable and enterprise days, tutor periods and assemblies you will be helped to:
- Understand yourself and know who plays a part in how you think about yourself and the things that matter to you.
- Think about what you expect of yourself and what others expect of you.
- Develop confidence in yourself and your abilities and learn research skills.
- Investigate ways to develop as a person.
- Understand how the world of work is changing.
- Gain an insight into the wide range of careers available.
- Learn how to plan ahead.
- Know where to get help both in and out of school.
- Receive support with your option choices.
- Find out about pathways and opportunities after GCSEs.
Learners Years 10 & 11
During off –timetable and enterprise days, through work experience and tutor periods, participating in both a college and university event, attending interview skills day and having personal careers / progression interviews you will be helped to:
- Identify and set short and medium term life goals.
- Learn more about the range of occupational sectors and range of careers available.
- Use action planning to help you develop your career ideas.
- Explain why it is important to develop personal values.
- Investigate employment trends and learning opportunities.
- Use work related learning experiences such as work experience, interview skills and enterprise days to shape your career progression.
- Develop a range of employability skills.
- Understand the options available to you when you leave the academy.
- Understand about Health & Safety at Work by taking the Level 2 British Safety Council course.
- Learn how to manage your own money through financial capability programmes.
- Learn about the importance of networking and the value of mentoring.
- Produce a personal portfolio including a CV, personal statement & your achievements.
- Learn about the world of work through your vocational options at KS 4.
To find out more, please contact Nuriye Mertcan on 0208 275 4872 or email@example.com
This information will be reviewed in September 2019