Duke’s Aldridge Academy is committed to providing an environment in which all students are encouraged to maximise their potential. We believe that through the pedagogy of challenge: creating an environment of independence and creativity and the development of higher order and critical thinking skills we, as an academy, will significantly improve the attainment and achievement of all students.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote the fact that more able and talented students have particular educational needs which must be met to realise their full potential
- To be proactive in promoting discussion and debate by raising appropriate issues in curriculum areas, and through liaison with other schools’ policy makers.
- To encourage commitment to the personal, social, spiritual and intellectual development of the whole student.
- To encourage a broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum for all students which will expose and nurture talents and skills.
- To encourage the use of a differentiated educational provision in the classroom through curriculum enrichment and extension.
- To make education an enjoyable, exciting, challenging, and worthwhile experience for the more able and talented student.
- To promote the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of this policy in all curriculum areas throughout the academy.
- To provide appropriate and adequate resources, support and materials for the more able and talented students in the academy.
- To provide and facilitate appropriate staff INSET, and other resources for teachers.
- To stimulate, initiate and co-ordinate research activities, and to monitor and report on students’ progress and achievement.
See our latest Newsletter to see what our More Able students have been getting up to!